Bucket List Assistance: Dadtography's Spring Training & Florida Grapefruit League Map of Team Locations
Baseball is America's past time, and it's one of my favorite sports as well. Yeah, sure, it could be argued that it's slow and the games take too long. But sometimes an easy-going afternoon at the ballpark is just what the doctor ordered.
One of my "bucket list" items is to get a chance to see every team in Florida during spring training. I've been to a few, but not all. And that's why I wanted to put together this Florida Spring Training resource for others that are interested in catching some games before the teams go home for the MLB season.
Did you know that 15 teams call the Florida Grapefruit League home during spring training pre-season? From American League to National League, Florida hosts a lot of great baseball teams before the season officially kicks off!
Here are the list of teams that call Florida home in the spring (my to-do list, as I call it):
- Atlanta Braves - Lake Buena Vista (Disney)
- Baltimore Orioles - Sarasota
- Boston Red Sox - Fort Myers
- Detroit Tigers - Lakeland
- Houston Astros - Kissimmee
- Miami Marlins - Jupiter
- Minnesota Twins - Fort Myers
- New York Mets - Port St. Lucie
- New York Yankees - Tampa
- Philadelphia Phillies - Clearwater
- Pittsburgh Pirates - Bradenton
- St. Louis Cardinals - Jupiter
- Tampa Bay Rays - Port Charlotte
- Toronto Blue Jays - Dunedin
- Washington Nationals - Viera (near Melbourne)
Here's a map of all MLB Florida Grapefruit League Spring Training Team Locations:
As you can see, teams are spread out a bit, but none are too far from Orlando - located in the center of the state. You could easily visit Orlando and check off a number of the teams on this list that are only a short drive away.
Looking for links to each team's Grapefruit League 2019 schedule? You got it!
Click any logo below to view that team's spring training schedule for 2019!
All team logos are copyright of their respective owners.