Happy Friday! Friday seems like a good time to vent, especially since it’s a 3-day weekend for some of us. Blow off that steam before we head into the long weekend!
So let’s talk about online dating pet peeves. I have a number but my top five eleven (for 2011) are:
- People that make lists to complain about others. Oh, wait…
- Spammy copy-pasta Emails from people that clearly haven’t read your profile.
- Dates that think their sexual advances are welcomed on the first (or second or third) date. Or before!
- Paying $30 a month to meet someone that you’ll likely spend another $50 only to decide you’re better off as friends.
- Women that are ok with dating fathers as long as the “kid lives with their mom”. Lame.
- Fathers that pretend they don’t have children because that’s what they think women want.
- Hypocritical daters. Short people that only date tall people, overweight people that will only date someone ‘in shape’. Come on.
- Profiles full of pictures of your (cat/dog/car/motorcycle/boat – IE: not you). Pictures of ‘stuff’ really annoys the shit out of me on an online dating site.
- People that lie on their profile (height, weight, age, etc) to get the matches they want. Isn’t this kinda starting off on the wrong foot?
- People that start a rant about a specific experience with a past love interest with the phrase, “Why is it that all (men/women)…?”
- People that put that they “like to have fun” in their profile. Can’t that just be an understood characteristic and that we all “like to have fun”?